Employment OpportunitiesThrough hard work and dedication, you'll have the opportunity to learn, grow and advance with The Galena Territory Association.
We offer competitive pay, benefits and a variety of opportunities. Our associates work in a variety of roles – from helping customers to maintenance and more. We offer full- and part-time opportunities in year-round and seasonal positions. And, we're always looking for talented people like you to join us. The Galena Territory Association, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants are required to submit a signed Drug Policy Acknowledgment and Consent Form. Please download complete and sign application and drug policy form.
AccountantFull-time with Benefits
The Galena Territory Association is actively recruiting for an Accountant. The Galena Territory Association is a residential, recreation and resort community located in Galena, Illinois. Amenities include a lake, marina, three swimming pools, fitness center, club house, tennis, pickleball and basketball courts and 1900 acres of greenspace featuring 24 miles of trails. Compensation will be based on experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for managers.
- Audits contracts, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, expenditures and other financial matters.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Develops annual budget including rate schedule in time frame prescribed based on strategic and operating plans.
- Reconciles and balances accounts and investigates variances.
- Recommends changes to financial policies and develops new policies, if needed.
- Prepares monthly financial report to Board of Directors in time frame prescribed
- Monitors investments and compliance with Investment Policy.
- Coordinates annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting firm.