Employment OpportunitiesThrough hard work and dedication, you'll have the opportunity to learn, grow and advance with The Galena Territory Association.
We offer competitive pay, benefits and a variety of opportunities. Our associates work in a variety of roles – from helping customers to maintenance and more. We offer full- and part-time opportunities in year-round and seasonal positions. And, we're always looking for talented people like you to join us. The Galena Territory Association, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All applicants are required to submit a signed Drug Policy Acknowledgment and Consent Form. Please download complete and sign application and drug policy form.
Natural Resources TechnicianFull-time with benefits
The Galena Territory Association is a residential, recreation, and resort community located near Galena, Illinois. There are 1,900 acres of greenspace, which is open space owned and managed by the Association for the benefit of our property owners. The greenspace includes 26 miles of trails and several established woodland, savanna, prairie, and wetland restoration sites. The Association is seeking a full-time restoration technician to steward the Greenspace, maintain trails, and expand restoration sites.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement stewardship and invasive species management plans.
- Manage invasive plant species, including manual removal, mowing, and herbicide application.
- Oak woodland management through brush and tree clearing and building/managing burn piles.
- Participate on a prescribed burn crew to safely and effectively apply fire to greenspace restoration sites.
- Maintain trail system, including regular mowing, minor repairs, remove fallen trees, and maintain clearance for equestrian use.
- Mapping and data collection with handheld and desktop GIS programs
- Operate and maintain small engines (chainsaw, brush saw, backpack blower, auger)
- Operate tractor and skid-steer
- Work outdoors during all seasons and environmental conditions (heat and humidity, cold and snow, wet, stinging/biting insects, steep terrain)
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences (botany, conservation, natural resources, forestry, ecology, etc.) and 1 year field experience. Additional relevant field experience can substitute for a college degree.
- Ability to identify and distinguish native and non-native plants.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, lift and carry 50+ pounds, and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must obtain Illinois Pesticide Operator’s License and NWCG S130/S190 Wildfire Training Certification.
The Galena Territory Association Owners’ Club is looking for seasonal staff for the 2022 summer.Come join our team, starting wage up to $14.50, use of our great amenities and facilities, part-time, year-round employment opportunities possible for some positions.
Team positions available:
MaintenancePainter - Full-time Seasonal (Monday-Friday)
Painters are responsible for preparing and painting exteriors, power washing, sealing decks, cleaning windows, and performing all other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or other GTA Management. Previous experience preferred. Currently accepting applications.
RecreationCafe Attendant - Full- and Part-time Seasonal
The Cafe Attendant is responsible for performing a variety of duties within the snack bar establishment which includes completing customer transactions, cash reconciliation, food preparation, cleaning the food or stock areas, assisting in the kitchen area, and maintaining inventory; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the recreation manager. Weekends and evenings are a must. Must have an Illinois Food Handler's Certificate.
MaintenanceLawn Care - Full-time Seasonal (Monday-Friday)
Lawn care staff are responsible for mowing, weeding, pruning, raking, trimming, and perform all other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or other GTA Management.
RecreationCafe Bar Attendant - Full- and Part-time Seasonal
The Cafe Bar Attendant is responsible for performing a variety of duties within the snack bar establishment which includes completing customer transactions, cash reconciliation, food preparation, serving alcohol, cleaning the food or stock areas, assisting in the kitchen area, and maintaining inventory; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the recreation manager. Weekends and evenings are a must. Must be at least 21 years old and have an Illinois Food Handler's certificate.
Lake Galena & MarinaMarina Attendant - Full- and Part-Time Seasonal
The Marina Attendant is responsible for performing a variety of duties within the Marina establishment which include completing customer transactions, cash reconciliation, boat rental, cleaning the Marina facility and Pavilion restrooms, maintaining inventory, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the Lake/Marina Director.
RecreationCertified Lifeguard - Full- and Part-time Seasonal
Lifeguards are responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of the members and their guests using the GTA swimming pools. The lifeguards' primary responsibility is to observe swimmers and create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with GTA policies and procedures. Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pools, decks and surrounding areas. Weekends and evenings are a must. Must have Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, and AED/CPR certifications.
Shenandoah Riding CenterPart-Time Barn Hands
Part-time Barn Hands help care for our growing community of loved horses. Our barn is clean, tidy, and well organized and applicants must take pride in their work. Responsibilities include feeding, turning out, cleaning stalls, and grooming. This position requires you are 18 years of age, have experience handling horses, must be able to lift and carry 75 lb. and be self-motivated and detail-oriented. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to advance as wranglers and guides during the upcoming trail-ride season. Schedule may vary.
RecreationPool Attendant - Full- and Part-time Seasonal
Pool Attendants are responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of the members and their guests using the GTA swimming pools. The pool attendant's primary responsibility is to observe swimmers and create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with GTA policies and procedures. Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pools, decks, and surrounding areas.