The GTA encourages members to recycle at home and while visiting its many amenities. Recycling containers are available at all GTA facilities. Two large-scale refuse sites are available at Mount Hope Road and Brodrecht Road. While recycling is available at both locations, Mount Hope is a full-service recycling center. The Mount Hope site has two large, recycling containers to recycle paper, plastic containers, aluminum and tin containers. Bagged garbage should be placed in the receiver of the compactor. Owner Services at 815-777-2000 or Montgomery Trucking at 815-777-0672 can pick up these items from your home for a fee, or you can bring them down to the Mount Hope site by yourself. Lights have been installed to help you use the center after dark, particularly in the winter.
1. Sorting of recyclables is not required.
2. All items must be loose.
3. Plastic, aluminum and tin must be clean.
4. Do not bundle newspapers and magazines.
5. Items not accepted: Glass of any kind, hardcover books, Styrofoam, oil containers, aerosol cans and paint cans.
• Must be empty and flattened
• Packing supplies must be placed in the compactor
No other wastes, such as that generated from landscaping or construction, can be deposited in any of the Association-owned refuse sites. These facilities are for property owners and their guests only. Please be prepared to present a GTA proximity card or GTA daily pass upon request.